About the project
This three storey house replaces an existing bungalow that sits on a North-South orientated plot. A recent housing development located some 70m away to the south of the plot on lower land blocked views to the open Derbyshire countryside. I developed the design to reinstate these views from the first and second floor levels. A south facing balcony to the Master bedroom is also provided to take full advantage of the beautiful countryside views.
The kitchen and day-lounge is located in a single storey side annex with full height vaulted ceilings and a three storey high entrance area creates volume and an expansive feeling of space. A corner of the kitchen/day lounge fully opens up with the use of folding sliding doors to provide uninterrupted access and views to the garden and covered patio area which has an external fire/BBQ area.
– Three storey house
– Vaulted ceiling to kitchen/day lounge/dining area
– Detached home office and garage
– GSHP installation for reduced energy costs
– Balcony to the 2nd floor Master Bedroom with views over the countryside
– Provision for a lift to be installed at a later date